1 and 1/4 cup flour (wheat or oat)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 tablespoon of ground flax seed + 2 tablespoons of water – combine in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes (egg substitute)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup up pumpkin puree
1/4 cup of nut milk (almond or coconut)
1 scoop PCN protein powder (Pure Charge Nutrition) Use coupon code Greenzone15 at checkout for 15% discount
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
Gradually add DROPS of water while stirring until mixture turns into an icing-like consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease the doughnut pan
- In a medium bowl whisk the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the flax egg substitute, pumpkin puree, vanilla and the maple syrup and mix until well combined. Add the flour mixture and almond milk and mix until combined. Add more milk if the batter is too stiff. It should be firm but not difficult to stir.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan and place on the rack until completely cool
- When the doughnuts are completely cool frost the doughnuts and top with whatever you’d like!
Want help with vegan cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your vegan pantry?
Check out our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $4.99!
This post was written by Admin