- ½ onion
- 3 tablespoons organic ketchup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce + 1 tablespoon of the sauce
- ¼ vegetable broth or water
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon agave (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (Braggs brand)
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans
- Burrito size tortillas (flour, sundried tomato, spinach flavored)
- Rice (brown or white)
- Salsa of your choice
- Sliced avocado
- Vegan sour cream
- Put onion, ketchup, garlic, chipotle peppers and sauce, broth, orange juice, applesauce, agave, spices and soy sauce in blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to saucepan over medium-low heat until simmering. Gently fold in beans, simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Make your burrito! Add rice, beans, salsa and whatever toppings you like listed above. Enjoy!
Want help with vegan cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your vegan pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $4.99!
This post was written by GreenAdmin