Macaroni and vegetables
- 10 ounces dried macaroni (or about 2⅔ cups)
- ½-1 cup diced bell pepper
- ½-1 cup dices mushrooms
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup peeled/diced yellow potatoes (or russets)
- ¼ cup peeled/diced carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup raw cashews (soak for 30 minutes before using)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch paprika
- Fresh parsley
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Sautee onion, bell pepper and mushroom until soft. Set aside.
- Bring several cups of water to boil in a small pot. Place chopped potatoes, carrots, and onion in the boiling water, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend.
- When veggies are soft enough to blend, use a slotted spoon to remove them from cooking water, and place them in your blender. Add ¾ cup of that cooking water to your blender, along with your remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over your cooked macaroni noodles in a dish of your choice, fold in sautéed vegetables from Step 2, add toppings (optional) and serve!
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Check out our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $4.99!
This post was written by GreenAdmin