- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- pinch of chili flakes
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 packed cups chopped kale leaves
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Roast spaghetti squash for 1 hour at 375 degrees
- Let cool slightly and use fork to scrape squash into noodle-like strands.
- In Large skillet over medium heat add olive oil to coat pan, then add the shallot, garlic, rosemary, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Once the shallot start to soften add the mushrooms and chickpeas and cook until they turn lightly golden brown. Add the kale leaves and lemon juice. Give everything in the pan a good stir!
- Once the kale is partially wilted, add the squash strands, capers and more salt and pepper to taste (optional). Mix all ingredients.
- Remove from heat and top with toasted pine nuts.
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by Admin