1/3 cup lentils (green or red) cooked according to package directions
3 cups cooked black beans (you can use canned/drained)
½ onion (red or white)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 ½ teaspoons paprika
1 ½ teaspoons of no-salt seasoning blend of your choice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons olive oil
Grated zest of ½ a lime
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water. Mix, let sit for 5 min)
Lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, avocado, or whatever you’d like!
- Cook lentils according to package directions (they should be soft)
- Mash beans in a bowl with potato masher. Add lentils and the rest of ingredients (minus toppings)
- Shape mixture into burger patties
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes (or in the freezer for 10-15 min)
- Bake them 30 min at 400 degrees (flipping halfway through) or sauté them with non-stick cooking spray
- Top with whatever you’d like!
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by GreenAdmin