Servings: 6 Cal: 135 Carb: 19g Fat: 3g Protein: 8g
Non-stick cooking spray
1 cup onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 cup cooked kidney beans, mostly mashed (with fork or potato masher)
1 large sweet potato, cut into ½ inch pieces
½ container extra firm tofu
1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce (Bragg’s brand)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup vegetable broth (water can also be used)
- Heat skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray on medium/ high heat.
- Add garlic and chopped onions and cook until they soften and brown slightly. Then add celery and bell pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes
- Add beans, potato, peanut butter, tofu, soy sauce, and vegetable broth.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, until potatoes soften. Stir periodically to prevent sticking. If sticking does occur add a small amount of water to the pan (about 1 teaspoon as a time.
- Remove lid and cook for an additional 10 minutes
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by GreenAdmin