Servings: 18 Cal: 48 Carb: 9g Fat: 1g Protein: 2g
Non-stick cooking spray
445g of cooked apples (this is about 3-4 medium apples)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup oats (Can use gluten free)
1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 4 tablespoons water, combine, let sit for 5 minutes)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
Optional topping: unsweetened coconut flakes
Instructions for apples (you can do this in advance, store in refrigerator) :
- In a large saucepan, add apples and a couple tablespoons of water). Cook, stirring frequently, until apples are tender. About 7-10 minutes. Stir in cinnamon, boil for 2-4 minutes, remove from heat. (Optional: add stevia packet to apple mixture for more sweetness)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl, mash with potato masher (you can also use hand mixer)
- Spoon batter onto 1-2 large baking sheets (use approx. 2 tablespoons per cookie)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for 5-10 minutes. Transfer cookies to paper towels and let cool for another 5-10 minutes.
- Cookies can be stored in sealed Tupperware container in the refrigerator or frozen!
*Note: Your serving size may vary depending on the size of apples used
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by GreenAdmin