Servings: 5 Calories: 77 Carbs: 15g Protein: 2g Fat: 1g
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large parsnips
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 4 tablespoons water. Mix, let sit for 15 min)
- Non- stick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (you may need 2 trays)
- Make the flax eggs, let sit 10-15 minutes
- Peel and cut the carrots and parsnips into the shape of fries. Put them in large bowl.
- Prepare dry ingredients in separate bowl, whisk together
- Cover the veggies in flax egg mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to bowl with veggies and flax eggs, coat well.
- Transfer veggies to baking sheets. Be sure they are not overlapping each other.
- Place in oven, cook for 20 minutes (or until crispy). Turn periodically during baking.
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by GreenAdmin