Servings: 8 Calories: 106 Carb: 24.5g Protein: 3.1g Fat: 1.3g
2lbs red potatoes, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped (and more for garnish)
1/3 cup roughly chopped green onions, plus more for garnish
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 pickle, chopped
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large saucepan add potatoes and cover with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are easily pierced by a knife (about 5-6 min).
- Reserve ¼ cup cooking water, then drain. Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- In a blender, combine the ¼ cup cooking water, vinegar, 1/3 cup parsley, 1/3 cup green onions, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and pepper. Process until it turns into a sauce consistency.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the herbed mixture and mix well using a fork or a spoon (a fork will give the potatoes a more mashed/broken consistency). Let the potatoes rest for ten minutes tossing every few minutes
- Add the celery to the bowl, along with a couple tablespoons of chopped parsley and green onions. Toss again. Season to taste onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by GreenAdmin