Servings: 4 Calories: 170 Carb: 39g Protein: 8g Fat: 2g
Note- Macros do not include bun
Peach BBQ Sauce:
Non-stick cooking spray
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ onion, diced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ lemon, juiced
1 packet organic Stevia
½ cup sugar free ketchup
4 peaches, diced
Chickpea Sloppy Joe filling:
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Heat medium saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Add garlic and onion and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add peaches and cook covered for 8-10 min until fragrant.
- Stir in ketchup, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice, Stevia packet and seasonings. Bring ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat, let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Place ingredients into a blender (minus chickpeas) until it reaches a BBQ sauce consistency and set aside.
- Mash chickpeas coarsely with fork or potato masher (leaving some whole).
- In a separate bowl, mix mashed chickpeas and ½ BBQ mixture (leave the rest of the BBQ sauce for topping… and leftovers!)
- Assemble on bread of your choice and top with whatever you would like! Enjoy!
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by GreenAdmin