3 medium sweet potatoes
3 organic Stevia packets
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon agave
1-3 teaspoons unsweetened coconut milk
2 tablespoons chocolate powdered peanut butter (you can also use regular powdered peanut butter)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon peanut butter
¼ cup currants (approx. 4 oz), stem removed
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chocolate sauce (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Slice sweet potatoes horizontally into fry shape
- Spray foil lined baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Arrange potatoes so they are not overlapping (use 2 baking sheets if necessary)
- Spoon agave, cinnamon and 1 stevia packet overtop. Mix together with hands so all potatoes are evenly coated
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, then flip for even cooking. Bake for another 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Chocolate Dipping Sauce:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of powdered peanut butter according to container directions
- Add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1 stevia packet, 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Add a teaspoon of unsweetened coconut milk at a time until mixture is a smooth consistency.
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat combine 3 tablespoons water with currants, 1 stevia packet and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Let simmer until soft and mashable (about 2-4 mintues)
- Mash with fork in pan, remove from heat, let sit for 5-8 minutes for thickening
- Optional: put in fridge, serve cold
- Arrange potatoes on plate with dipping sauces on side (this way you can store potatoes in fridge for leftovers)
- Optional: drizzle chocolate and/or cinnamon over top potatoes
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by GreenAdmin