Servings: 8 Calories: 251 Carb: 50g Protein: 11g Fat: 2g
2 large sweet potatoes, diced (peeling the potatoes is optional)
2 15oz cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
2 15oz cans of diced tomatoes, rinsed and drained (you can substitute this for 4-5 roma tomatoes, diced)
2 4oz can of diced green chile peppers, rinsed and drained
1 onion, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 cups salsa
10 corn tortillas (we used 50 calorie Mission brand tortillas), cut in half
1/8-1/4 cup shredded dairy free cheese (Go Veggie brand)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9×12 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork and microwave them for 4-6 minutes to soften before dicing.
- In a large bowl combine: diced sweet potato, black beans, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and all spices.
- Spread 1 cup of the salsa on the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange a single layer of tortillas on top. Spoon a large layer of the sweet potato/black bean mixture over tortilla strips. Spread the remaining 1 cup of salsa over the sweet potato/black bean layer.
- Add one more layer of tortillas and then add the rest of the sweet potato/black bean mixture over the tortilla layer. Top with cheese.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes until edges are browned and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers can be placed in freezer in airtight Tupperware container.
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by GreenAdmin