Servings: 24 Calories: 25 Carbs: 5g Protein: 2g Fat: 1g
2 cups chickpeas
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
6 tablespoons water
1 piece of whole wheat bread, ripped or into tiny pieces to mimic breadcrumbs (let the piece of bread sit out for a couple of hours so it is easier to make into crumbs)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley or dried thyme
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain the chickpeas. Mash with a potato masher until the chickpeas turn into a paste-like consistency. You do not want any whole chickpeas.
- Make your flaxseed “eggs” – mix 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 10- 15 minutes.
- Mix together the chickpeas and flaxseed eggs.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Form the chickpea mixture into meatballs and place onto a foil lined baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Use a tablespoon to measure the chickpeas. This will ensure all of them are the same size. You may need to wet your hands during the rolling process if they become sticky.
- In a 450 degree oven, bake the chickpea meatballs for 30 minutes, turning them over every 10 minutes. They will be golden and crispy on the outside when done!
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by GreenAdmin