4oz tofu, squeezed with paper towels or a cloth to remove water then cut into cubes (you can also use tofu that you have already prepped/cooked)
1 cup rice, cooked
2 cloves garlic, minced
4oz sweet peppers, sliced
4oz sugar snap peas or snow peas
1 zucchini, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
Seasonings: black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
Spicy Chili Sauce:
2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (you can substitute low sodium soy sauce)
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons Dijon or stoneground mustard
1-2 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce (this can be found in the Asian foods isle)
½ of a fresh lemon or lime, squeezed
You may also like: Lemon Basil Tofu Tacos
- Prepare Spicy Chili sauce. Mix all ingredients together in a small saucepan and boil for 1-2 minutes. Turn down to simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare tofu. Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add tofu and season with black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Cook until tofu is browned (about 8-10 minutes). Stir periodically to ensure even cooking. Set cooked tofu aside.
- Prepare vegetable mixture. Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and add the garlic. Sautee garlic for 1-2 minutes until it begins to soften. Add the remaining vegetables and season with black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Sautee vegetables until they are cooked all of the way through (or to your preference).
- Add the cooked tofu to the vegetable mixture. Top with the sauce and stir until everything is coated well and cook on a low heat for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve vegetable and tofu mixture on a bed of rice and top with any remaining sauce. Enjoy!
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by GreenAdmin