Servings: 2 Calories: 255 Carbs: 27g Protein:15g Fat: 6g
1 package extra firm tofu, rinsed, drained and cut into cubes (you can use any protein you would like)
½ cup quinoa
½ lb grape tomatoes, quartered or halved (depending on their size)
1 zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
6 oz green beans
2 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you would like it)
1 tablespoon Tuscan spice blend (dried basil, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, thyme, pepper, mamarjam)
¼ teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the tofu cubes on the baking sheet and coat with the Tuscan spice blend and rosemary. Bake tofu in oven at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions (do this while the tofu is in the oven).
- Spray a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add the garlic, zucchini rounds and green beans. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the tomatoes, vinegar and as much as the red pepper flakes as you would like. Cook, stirring frequently, 1-2 minutes (or until softened).
- Remove and discard the garlic.
- Serve the tofu and vegetables on a bed of quinoa. Enjoy!
*The macros reflect tofu as the protein but you can use any protein you’d like!
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!
This post was written by GreenAdmin